Friday, August 29, 2008

The past week

Lately we haven't been up to a whole lot around here. Just kind of the usual. But my parents are going to remodel two rooms in the house-so they've been busy!

First things first, the wallpaper in the kitchen has to go! Yesterday I helped my mom with one wall and man, is that tedious!! We used a steamer, but then my mom bought a kit that helps remove it, so we're going to try that next. Once all of the wallpaper's off, they are going to hire a painter and possibly paint this wall here red? That's what they're possibly thinking. And yesterday a hutch was delivered that will sit up against this wall.


Earlier this week I made this crayon roll. I realize that Molly can't color or draw yet, but I wanted a project and this pattern was in a quilt magazine my mom bought. It was really simple. Now I just need to put some crayons in!

This is the lining.




Above is the outside and on the left is how it got the name crayon roll.
I'm trying to go to Swiss Days today in Midway, so hopefully that will be fun. I've never gone, but always wanted to.

6 comments:

Emily said...

AHH!!! Way to go with the kitchen, that looks so weird!! Im glad she is going ahead with the projects, that is exciting! Cant wait to see the hutch! And your crayon roll is adorable. I hope you remember these things when I have a baby!

Meg said...

I think it is so much fun to remodel things...a lot of work but well worth it in the end. Good luck with that! Great crayon roll-how creative! Have fun at Swiss Days if you end up going, wish you were coming with us :0)

Holly said...

Good luck with the kitchen. Downey works wonders with wallpaper..for sure!! And, like always, I love your projects!!

Christine said...

adorable. You are such a crafy little friend.

emily said...

ohhhh, i love that crayon roll. i am so impressed by your skills.

Niederfam said...

OH cute!!!!