Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Decorations

It took us several days to finally get our tree decorated once we had it, but I'm finally getting the pictures up to share.


I had a few ornaments and things I bought several years ago, but truth be told, this is the first year besides when we were in Provo, that we've decorated our own tree. Justin always thought since my mom had one that we didn't need one. Not true, but less work, so we didn't!


I found the tree skirt at TJ Maxx (I also have seen it at Home Goods). I didn't realize we were going to go with a snowflake theme, but we kind of did. I really like how it all turned out!

We found our ornaments and ribbon at Michael's, Modern Display, and Rod Works.

A look at my mantle. I'm not 100% happy with it, but I was too lazy to do anything else with it. I think I need a garland here too or some greenery. Next year....!!

On the far left is a cute music box that I have inherited from my grandparents (Galbraith's). I love it. It is vintage and just cute. My kids love it, but I have put it out of reach in the hopes that it will last :)


Just for fun I wanted to take some cool "bokeh" pictures with the kids. Molly was at school when I took them and I haven't had a chance to get her in one!

With lights at night.

Can I just say that I have loved decorating my own house for Christmas?! Love it.

I bought the garland a couple weeks ago when Michael's put their Christmas stuff 70% off. I also bought some wreaths for the back of my bar stools and tied a ribbon on.

On the outside (I didn't take any pics unfortunately) I made some boughs with some leftover branches from our tree. But you don't want to see a pic because they are now dead :( ha! And looking a bit sad and a bit brownish. But I tied some cute red bows on my lanterns above the boughs. At least those still look nice. Justin hung some bright white cool lights, which makes them look a bit bluish. While he wasn't super excited about doing it, our neighbor across the street does it professionally and he gave him all the tips so they look perfect!

I'm excited to add to the decor each year. Yep, I have a problem!!

No comments: