Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2007 Justin, me, Brooke, and Scott
Yum-o! Dessert was fabulous! I only wish my stomach was bigger at that point! :)

Sunny, Kyle, Val and Shelley

Switchback restaurant where we ate our yummy Thanksgiving feast!

Well for Thanksgiving we were in St. George and we had reservations at the Switchback restaurant near Zion's National Park. I've never not had a homemade Thanksgiving, so I was a little unsure about the idea, but it turned out great! They had a big buffet with all of your regular Thanksgiving menu items, plus some extra things like shrimp, ham, prime rib, spring rolls, and a few other things that aren't always on the menu for Thanksgiving. And dessert was fabulous! They had a big pot of dipping chocolate with little rammekins to get your own chocolate with strawberries. They also had a peach cobbler that was to die for! Then of course pumpkin, pecan, apple, and a few other pies with ice cream if you wanted. They also had a chef making bananas foster for those who wanted it. (I would've tried it but I was way too full by then!) It was nice not to do any preparation and not to have to clean anything up! I don't know if I'd want to go out every year, but I was pretty impressed with this place and would suggest it to anyone who is in southern Utah around Thanksgiving and isn't planning on cooking the meal yourself!

2 comments:

Niederfam said...

I think it's a FABULOUS idea, I'll have to mention it to Nieder's for our St. George Thanksgiving years.....

Becky said...

Cool. Hey, isn't Brooke pregnant? Your babies will be pretty close in age!