Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Long time, no blogging


I was going to write a post about some changes that have been happening at our place, but then I decided a post without pictures can be pretty boring, so now we have something to look at.

First off, I have a new (to me) iPhone (Justin's old one). If you know me, you know I'm not really the techy type. And I really haven't been interested in an iPhone except for a few very convenient things that come with one. But mainly because I liked my keyboard phone (and who wants to pay another $30 a month? Not me)! That being said, I have enjoyed the new phone more than I thought and since we jumped on a huge family share plan, we are actually saving money with our upgraded phones. I have even been able to figure out most of it all on my own.

So hence, this not so great picture! I have instagram on my phone, but I have no clue how to connect it to my blog. If you know, do enlighten me please!!

And don't be alarmed, this was the only time Molly has held Jackson while standing!!


We also went to Disney on Ice last week. We had a lot of fun and the girls really enjoyed it. And as you can see, we had pretty great seats too!

If you haven't been to Scheels, you need to check it out!! The picture of the moose is Molly with her cousin Laney. We checked it out a couple weekends ago with Justin's brother's family and we are glad we did. The girls and their dads rode the ferris wheel (a deal at $1 per person) and there were all sorts of fun things to do in addition to the merchandise (mini bowling alley, gun shooting game, etc.). There was even a BYU tailgate party going on by the front doors that we didn't know about, so lucky us, free hot dogs and drinks! And BYU chapstick :)

 "...The plates were set on the table with care..."

Today we have been helping grandma clean up and prepare for Thanksgiving at the house tomorrow. It will be a nice time with about 10 adults and 6 kids.

 Molly had so much fun setting the table with the turkey plates and cups for the kids tables.


And because I can, here is our cute, happy boy!

He gave us a scare last week. He was fussy with a low grade fever for 3 days, so we headed to the doctor. She didn't know (this wasn't my normal doctor btw) what was wrong and he was SO fussy that she sent us to the hospital. Cue the tears! No one wants to hear that their baby might have meningitis or a blood infection and it was so dejavu (remember when Ali got rsv? Same place.).

Long story short, he was acting much happier at Primary's and they sent us home saying it was kind of a mystery, but nothing severe, probably just a virus. Well 2 days later we had our answer. A rash showed up and of course it was roseola. Yep, just a virus. Thanks for giving me a heart attack! He is back to normal now and we are all grateful for that.

And then a couple other things...my mom found this blog with a tutorial to make these darling banners. The blog is Lark and Lola. I am going to make a couple of these as ornaments and give them as gifts.

And back to Thanksgiving, you knew it was coming! I've been working on rainbow jello today. If I don't make it, no one will, so I make it!

After watching a recent Iron Chef episode on the Food Network, Justin has decided to make pumpkin soufflés for tomorrow. Last night we tested a chocolate soufflé and well, it was delicious! Hopefully the pumpkin will be a big hit as well.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I thought this was a fun post! That picture of Molly holding Jackson (while standing) is so cute!! She is such a good little helper setting the table- so cute! The picture of Ali at disney on ice made me laugh, are you sure she had fun?! I hope you will have a GREAT Thanksgiving- I'll miss you guys! Enjoy that rainbow jello!

Christine said...

Chicago looked like a blast. I love that Molly is being a little helper and Jackson is getting so big! So sorry about your little scare. Not what any mom wants to hear