Monday, April 21, 2014

March happenings

We had a few fun and exciting things that happened last month that I wanted to document. First off, we had these lovely shelves built in our closet upstairs!

I have to admit, I went about it in a really sneaky way. My neighbor across the street is really handy and has been finishing his basement. I texted his wife one Saturday morning asking if she thought her hubby would have time to come over and chat with Justin about putting in some shelves. She said she would send him over in a couple hours. Well, I never told Justin about it until the doorbell rang ;)

Needless to say, Justin was NOT happy with me when he realized I'd set him up! But I really wanted them done and I knew this might be the only way of it happening soon. I'm glad I did because 2 hours later, they were all finished! They had bought the materials and put it all together that fast. It was totally worth it!

My brother Ryan, and his family came for a visit/work at the end of March. My girls were so excited to play with their cousins.

We celebrated Justin's 31st birthday while they were here. We met everyone at Boondocks that day, followed by cake and ice cream after at our home.


Molly and Lexie were so cute. All on their own, they made up lists of ways to be like Jesus. It was so cute! They asked all of the kids for ideas and wrote who said what. Such cute girls! 

2 comments:

emily said...

Sounds and looks like March was a fun month for you guys. Hey, and sometimes, a girl's got to do what a girl's go to do. :) I like the shelves.

Stacie said...

I love the updates! Austin would die if I did that to him!