Friday, April 11, 2014

Typewriter

Today I pulled out a new short sleeve shirt for Molly. I often buy things for her a year in advance when I find things on clearance. This was that kind of a shirt. Anyway, it was a cute shirt that has an old typewriter on it and a bird. She asked me, "What is that?" I said, "That's a typewriter!" I told her that people used them before computers were being used a lot. I said that when I was growing up, we had a typewriter and I'm pretty sure I typed up a few reports on it.

She then starts thinking and says, "Did you have school back then?" I said, "Um, yes!" Molly says, "Did you have paper? Did you have pens?" I'm dying at this point! "Yes, we had all of those things! I'm not ancient!"

Too funny. Sometimes 30 seems old. But mostly, I think I'm young. I guess it just depends on who I am talking to at the moment :)

3 comments:

emily said...

so cute, i love it. :)

erinmalia said...

haha. just wait until you tell them how you didn't have email until college (well, you know, i'm older than you, so your time might be earlier).

Niederfam said...

that's awesome……vintage find this OLD typewriter you speak of….HA HA……

Were old…..just face it. ;) Okay, you are NOT, but I am!!!