Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Halloween decor and pumpkin patches

For those who don't know, I really love to decorate for the holidays. Halloween is one of my favorites to decorate for! Last year we had just moved in and I think I finally put out some Halloween decorations, but I didn't really get a full fix. This year I had some projects I wanted completed.

First off, I finally finished this table runner. I've been working on it for 2-3 years I think. I had just enough scrap fabric left to put the border on, I pieced together fabrics for the back and with about 2 inches left bound it. Phew! It was nice not having to go to the store to get anything for that project.

I first saw this wreath on the blog Tatertots and Jello. I have always liked it and since I finally have a front door, I had to make it. My neighbor has a silhouette and kindly let me use it to make the bats. This project cost about $13, so I would say it was a win!

Here is my shelf as you first walk into the entry. The door is on the left. The white plates I found at Secret Haven a few years ago. I made the banner last year with my mom (or 2 years ago?) and the piece of driftwood I got when I was in WY in August. I love it here!

I got a few crows from the dollar store. I found the idea for this silly crow from here. The block below I had in raw form and I painted it and put the scrapbook paper on.

Here is my mantel. I pulled out what I had first, but had to add a few things to make it more Halloween. I made the garland at the bottom with some pop poms I bought at JoAnn, then above that I have some lace and above that a beaded chain (made with dollar store necklaces). I stole the ribbon from my mom as well as the bats. Thanks mom! I used some scrapbook paper on the candles and crepe paper that I gathered to go on top of the paper on the candles. I found some doilies my mom gave me to put under the pumpkins. I would never have thought doilies would work with Halloween, but I'm kind of liking how it all turned out!


For FHE this week we went over to Pack's Pumpkin Patch, here in Farmington. It was our first time here and it was fun. They had a giant field with pumpkins, a maze, props to take pics with, tractors, the whole thing.



$27 later we headed out with our pumpkins and squash. Of course I had to use them to decorate my porch! I'll take pics of my porch and put them up (hopefully soon!).

2 comments:

erinmalia said...

that wreath is so cute! (i'm pretty sure i have it pinned.) nicely done.

emily said...

Such fun updates Nicole. Everything and everyone looks great! It's good to
"see" you again. :)