Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday

Since being home with a baby, each night I go to bed and usually think to myself, what did I accomplish today? When you're used to a full time, 8-5 job, you are used to getting projects and assignments completed every day. So it has been a little interesting for me for the three weeks now that I have been home each day being a mom. Although I don't feel like I am "accomplishing" a whole lot of things, I have taken care of a newborn baby for another day. And that is no small accomplishment if you ask me (although other moms may differ...?).









So here's a recap of a few things we've done today. Molly unfortunately won't be big enough really to fit a Halloween costume, so today I was trying on the cute little pumpkin hat that a friend bought for her. She has matching socks, but I didn't try those on her today. I was just curious if there was going to be a chance that the hat would fit on Halloween and it looks like we might!
Next we have an oh so content Molly in her bouncer! We just put in a D battery for it to vibrate and so today we tried it out. She loved it! She sat in it the whole time I made pumpkin bread today (will post that separately if the bread turned out! I'm letting it cool as we speak). I think she really liked the vibrations.
And finally we have tummy time. The doctor says to do tummy time three times a day for five minutes. At first she's okay with tummy time but usually by the end of the five minutes she's balling and wondering why in the world we put her in that position! Notice I put a happy picture of her...must be the first minute or two :)
How's that for an exciting Friday?!!

4 comments:

Christine said...

You can start measuring your accomplishments by how many diapers you change, how many times you nurse, and how many times you change her clothes! Ha! The joys of motherhood

Niederfam said...

Agreed...........don't look for a "measurement" right now it's all about SURVIVAL, getting through the days and nights......

emily said...

yes, that was one of the hardest adjustments for me - what have i done today?

i still struggle with it, but know that i am accomplishing the best task for a mommy to do - to raise her children.

it gets better, too. when your 3-year old, out of the blue, says something like, "mommy thank you for letting me have a caramel [that i gave to him hours ago and he'd already said thank you]," you feel like maybe you are influencing these cute little blobs. :)

Becky said...

Cute pictures! Molly is precious. And she's so lucky to have a mom who takes such good care of her.

I think the sacrifice and service exerted in parenthood contributes mounds to the love we have for our kids.