Friday, October 26, 2007

Halloween Project

I thought I'd share a project I've been working on lately. For those who don't know, I really like to cross-stitch. I enjoy having a project like this while I'm watching TV or a movie at home. I usually have most of my projects custom framed, but that gets so expensive! I decided with this stitchery to try to frame it myself. My mom has done a few things this way, so I figured I'd take a stab at it myself. I plan on ironing the stitchery, then taping it tightly onto a piece of cardboard. Then taping the back of the stitchery to the back of the frame. At least that was the impression I got when talking to my mom. I'll post the finished product when I'm done! Hopefully it will work out as planned!An idea of what it will look like finished. It will be a little bit tight, but it was hard to find a frame that would work. This was the best I could find!

This is a simple wooden frame I bought on sale at Roberts for about $6. I am going to sand this and paint it black.

Close up of the EEK! stitchery

8 comments:

Christine said...

It is so good to have projects you can do so you don't get bored!

Karen said...

So cute! I love it! The frame will be fun too!

Niederfam said...

TALENT!!! Your stitchery is SOOO cute!!!

emily said...

love it! i think my sister has cross-stitched that same thing! i'll have to have her check it out and see. . .

Karen said...

So you inspired me to get creative! I just bought 3 frames from Robert's and am going to paint them to frame our family pictures! I'll have to post them when I'm all through! :)

erinmalia said...

oooh nicole, cousin erin, here. hopefully you haven't framed this already???? i did a TON this way. (you may remember i was a cross-stitching fanatic. in fact, i love Bent Creek patterns too.) anyway, cardboard would work, but even better is something sold at robert's or michaels. this is a link to it: http://www.scrapbookmemoriesstore.com/default.aspx?PageID=43&CategoryID=21&ProductID=18388&RootCatCode=01000

anyway, just a suggestion. it gives it a little bit of a puffy look, but not that puffy.

Nicole said...

Erin, thanks for the tip! I painted the frame, but I haven't quite put it in yet. I'll have to check this out! Sounds much better than what I was thinking of doing!

Becky said...

You are a creative cat. I like the EEK stitchery.