Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Bread

This is a recipe I got from Allrecipes.com and made the other day. I'm a big fan of allrecipes.com as well as kraftfoods.com.

Pumpkin Bread
Submitted by Shirley Sober
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 1 hour
Yields: 32 servings

Ingredients:
1 c. butter or margarine, softened
3 c. sugar
3 eggs
3 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 t. ground cloves
1 1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1 16 oz. can solid pack pumpkin

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into two greased 9 in. x 5 in. x 3 in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bread tests done.

*I didn't have two loaf pans so I bought these 3 smaller aluminum ones at the store and they worked out perfectly. I gave away two loafs and kept one for us. I wish I would've kept them all because the bread is so yummy! I also added chocolate chips. Very moist!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cool. I am obsessed with recipes and JoAnn's right now, so maybe I'll give this a try! Depends on how much time I've got...