Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Projects

Here is a new project I am going to start. Yesterday I went with my mom and SIL, Becky to a super cute quilt store called Material Girls in South Jordan. I saw the cutest table runner made out of these fabrics. Well the one made up was a kit they sold, but they were all sold out!! Don't you hate that? So I used the same fabrics and found a pattern for a similar table runner (well, kind of). There will be more to this, but first I've got to cut these (right now they're just folded so I can see what the little blocks would look like). But aren't the colors so fun? (This line is called Swell by Moda fabrics in case you wanted to know.) I can't wait for spring! Yesterday was so nice and warm here (prob around 50 degrees). Bring on the sun!!

So I promised that I would soon post pics of the Valentine's project I was working on, so here they are. This is the wall hanging I'm making for my MIL. I have just basted it, now I'm going to quilt it. My mom (the best quilting teacher ever!) taught me to hand quilt, so I will quilt the vase, flowers, and hearts inside the red border. Then when I'm finished (I've already done up to that point on mine) I will machine quilt the red border and the squares on the outside edge. Mine is very similar to this one, I just used more of the little squares that say things. Next year I'll have something cute to hang up! I'm hoping to have this one finished in a week...we'll see! That's when my MIL will be here next.
Onto another subject, don't you just love David Archuleta on AI? He is such a cute kid and man does he have a voice!! LOVED his song last night.

7 comments:

Niederfam said...

I LOVE them both, SOOOO cute!! You are talented....SERIOUSLY, You are I KNOW you have a good teacher, but you are a good student too. LOVE it.....:) And next time count me in for Material Girls....:)

erinmalia said...

you are too lucky to have your mom close. and i LOVE moda fabrics too!

Karen said...

You amaze me! I have a fabulous mother-quilter-teacher but I could never be that good! I'm definitely impressed! They are both VERY cute!

Christine said...

Who are you Martha Stewart? And how can you stand being MY friend?

emily said...

WOW, so fun! i love, love, love those fabrics for the table runner.

projects are so wonderful and necessary for moms, i think. :) i can't wait to see all your finished stuff!

Becky said...

Wow, Nicole, I'm impressed with your skills!! Good work. I bet your MIL will love it.

Jill said...

I want David archuletta to win too. He's awesome