Saturday, February 4, 2012

valentines decor

This is a side note--I bought some books at Savers yesterday. They were $.69 each. I think I found some good ones. Oh and I got a Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown vhs for a $1. I also found Fancy Nancy, but I read it to Molly and forgot to include it in the picture! Shopping at the thrift store is a great way to expand your personal library! Most of the books I get are in really good condition!

Ok now I can't take credit for the valentine decor because it's my mom's, but I thought you might like to see it. She is into vintage things and made a valentine banner with vintage postcards.


Aren't the postcards cute?!


She has this beautiful hutch where she displays her collectibles. She made the banner pretty simple, but it works because there is so much detail on the postcards.

I love this heart she found at a local consignment store. I believe someone made a bunch and then sells them there.

Here's the whole hutch. She decorates the top seasonally and you can see her antique quilts in the bottom as well.

She also made this cute little sampler that I love.

She bought a frame and framed it herself and hung it up! Very cute! Hope you enjoyed some of my mom's things!

No comments: