Thursday, June 14, 2012

2 weeks

Today we took Jackson in for his 2 week appointment and circumcision. Yesterday I met with a lactation consultant because I am still in pain and have sores! The lactation consultant thought he had a yeast infection and so today at the doctor's appointment I asked about it and sure enough, the doctor agreed. He has thrush! So we have some medicine for me and for baby. I hope it clears up soon because it has been really painful. I feel like there is always something going on with me and nursing. Why isn't it more natural like it's supposed to be?! I know for some it is, I just wish it was that way for me!

I had Justin meet me at the appointment so he could be there for the circumcision. I stepped out during the procedure! I would have been fine, but this seemed like daddy/son time to me.

Jackson is a good baby. He has become more fussy the past week and a half, which they say is very normal, but it can be frustrating! I feel a bit like I'm on house arrest since I don't really go anywhere, but I've gotten out a few times and it has been nice (pretty exciting places like the grocery store or Target!). Although I can't really complain because I've had visitors and my mom has been around pretty much the whole time, which has been very helpful (and it allows me to have adult interaction). Today was the girl's last day of swimming lessons and I was able to go since the baby's schedule allowed me to.

I have been solely nursing so far. No pump, no bottles. I'm surprised that this time I seem to have an adequate milk supply, which is something I've never felt like I had before with Molly or Ali. He has plenty of diaper changes each day, so I know he's getting enough to eat.

Here are Jackson's 2 week stats:

Weight: 8 lbs. 3 oz. 26%
Length: 21.85 in. 81%
Head: 14.6 in. 40%

3 comments:

emily said...

i dealt with thrush and nursing too and it was the worse experience i have been through (well besides actually giving birth. . .) one thing that helped: i put oragel (orajel?) on ME so that when babe latched on it was slightly less painful. it still hurt, but this did numb up a bit. my babe was older when i used this - it's not like the baby gets much, but it does get some i would guess. maybe check with the nurses at your doc's office if you could do this.

Christine said...

So sorry about the thrush! I hear that can be awful. But very glad that he is a good baby for you

Pendletons said...

Don't give up on nursing yet ;) As soon as the thrush goes away it will be so much better! Especially since this time you have adequate milk! I can't wait to meet the little guy in a couple weeks!