Here's my quick version of what I did to make my curtains. First, I started out with 12 shower curtains. I bought them at DownEast for $10 each. It was a fantastic sale and they originally are from West Elm. I bought 3 panels per window, and I have 4 windows, so hence 12 shower curtains.
I started out pressing each one.
You can see better here my zig zag stitch on the seam on the back of the curtain. Then I unpicked the bottom hem of the curtain panel, ironed it out, and then folded under about 1/4 inch and then sewed it. Because I needed all the length I could get, I wasn't able to turn it over again to cover the unfinished seam.
So what I did next was I bought some matching ribbon, we found it at Hobby Lobby (my mom and I), and sewed that to give it weight at the bottom as well as to keep all those threads from fraying since the seam wasn't covered.
Then I trained my curtains. I tied them off using the excess ribbon that was left over from the bottom of the curtains. I left them like this for 2 1/2 days. Impressive I was that patient at this point!! Training them makes them stay folded or pleated how you want them so they hang nicely.
And there you have it! They took a long time, but they were worth it. Curtains can be so expensive! You can find panels for around $50 and up. So I figured paying about $30-$35 per window wasn't too bad. It was definitely work, but I am really happy with how they turned out.