Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Winter mantle

Now that I'm on instagram, I don't check out blogs very often or update my own! I saw the cutest mantle from tadahomedecor (found on ig). They sell home decor sets for each holiday and they are really cute! I loved the winter mantle they made, but I wasn't interested in spending around $100 for it when I knew I could reproduce it myself!

So that's what I set out to do.

The cute flags in the pic above are from an artist that I've bought stuff from before. I decided I couldn't duplicate these, so I bought some from her to add to the rest of my things. My mom gave me the little white stand and my mil gave me the blue and white ornaments!

When we were in WY making the big snowflakes, I had the boys make me this small one. I had the blue mason jar from the Super Saturday our RS did this past summer.

I really loved how my mantle turned out! I got the lantern on the left at a Xmas party exchange, the deer I already had from Xmas decor and the candles and candlesticks I've had since we got married as a wedding gift. My mom bought me the cute star garland from a Dillard's sale on New Year's Day this year.

This is the first time I've ever had a winter mantle after Xmas. I am happy that I didn't have to buy that many additional things.

Of course I put all of my Valentine stuff out after and now I have St. Patrick's decor out! It never gets old to me changing out from season to season! And Justin's a pretty good sport about it ;)

No comments: