Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A couple thoughts...

Yesterday I went back in to work for about 5 hours. It was a little weird, I'll be honest! I have been gone for 8 weeks and went in to work on a transcription for my boss (I am an assistant). It was actually really nice to be there and to feel like I accomplished something when I left! This isn't to say that I haven't accomplished anything in the past 8 weeks, but you know what I mean! ;) I also went in today for 4 hours and I will go back in tomorrow again from 10 am to 2 pm (what a nice schedule huh?!). After I finish that project I'm not sure if I will be going in or not. My boss has some new responsibilities, but I'm not sure that he knows exactly what he can have me help with. I told him if there aren't any concrete projects I'm not coming in because I don't want to waste my time hanging out at the office when I can be home with Molly! So we'll see. But for now it's nice going in for a few hours and working, even if it is something so tedious as transcribing!!

On a totally different note, what is up with me being a little flaky these days? You'd think with all of the time I spend at home I could keep things straight!! Here is what I'm talking about. Two Saturdays ago (so we're still in Nov.) I started thinking, am I supposed to be teaching in YW tomorrow? I had left my phone at my mom's the night before (again, how flaky is that?) and so I couldn't call the YW president (I'm the laurels advisor so she's obviously the other teacher). So after Sacrament meeting I walk over and ask if I'm supposed to be teaching. She said she had planned to teach since I said I would be ready to teach starting in December (after having the baby I told her by Dec. I could commit to teaching again). Lucky for me! So she saved me there. Then today I was reading through my emails and I read a reminder from the same lady reminding us about our meeting and then the YW activity afterward. Okay, I'm so dumb! I let Justin take the car to work (his shift is 2:30 to 11 pm today). So I have no way to get to the meeting and activity! How could I forget that Wednesdays are activities? I've been in the YW now for 4 months!! But not to worry, I just talked to the girl in beehives and she's going to give me a ride :) Luckily other people are responsible if I'm not!!

Hope I haven't totally bored anyone here!!

4 comments:

Christine said...

I honestly think that one's brain capacity diminishes after having a baby!

Becky said...

I'm glad you've had the chance to go in and work a bit; I did the same thing. That's funny about the flaky-ness! But I think it's normal.

emily said...

just wait until you've had THREE babies. oh boy!

Nicole said...

I can only imagine how crazy I'll be with three!! :)