Saturday, July 12, 2008

Table topper

This past week I made a table topper (yep, that's really what they're called). I had leftover fabric given to me by my MIL (you may remember that I posted a wall hanging that I made her with the same fabrics). Anyway, I've been trying to decide what I can make since we don't have these same colors in any of our rooms. My mom made me this adorable table topper for Halloween last year, so I decided that this fabric would look great on my coffee table for the summer or whenever!

I had some leftover little blocks that I was able to use so I just kind of made them all work by sewing them together and then cutting to make them all even-ish.

Here's a close up. It was actually a quick project, which makes it all the better!

6 comments:

Christine said...

quick project?

erinmalia said...

i've never heard of a table topper. what does that mean, exactly? i'd like to see it on the table!

Nicole said...

It's just a square that you lay on a table...I took a pic, but then I think I erased it. Anyway, you can find patterns for table toppers out there, I've seen them.

Meg said...

As always...quite impressed with your craftiness! You little sewer you!! I love your new background of the blog as well.

Holly said...

I love it!! You are so talented, someday I'll be right there with you!

Becky said...

Ha, you call that a quick project?!