Monday, November 10, 2008

First Steps!


Today Molly took five steps all on her own! It was pretty exciting. It was me and Todd, so at least I have a witness!

I was sitting on the couch and she was by me, so I held her hands to see if she'd stand without holding onto anything (she's done this before several times, for about a whole minute just a day or two ago). She stayed balanced and Todd was encouraging her to come to him and she did! She took five steps, then fell onto her horse. Justin was bummed that he missed it, but you just never know when it will happen!

11 comments:

galbraithfam said...

I'm sure Justin was sooooo sad he didn't get to see her walk! That's so exciting though. I really can't believe how big she's getting. I still remember so clearly going to see her for the first time at the hospital. We love you Molly!

Emily said...

HOORAY!!! That is so exciting!! You keep working on that!

erinmalia said...

oh man, i don't know if this is a good thing or not! exciting yes, but a totally new step in your life i'm sure. but fun nonetheless.

Karen said...

Oh she's growing up so fast! How exciting! And how sad for the husbands to miss all the milestones huh?!

Christine said...

OOOH! How exciting. Life gets even more amazing when they start walking.

P.S. I forgot to tell you that Matty B is engaged. Yep! Can you believe it. Also, Elise Y is engaged again and not to Jake E. Good for her

Niederfam said...

CONGRATS.......I knew she was SO close on Sunday!!! YEAH little Molly!!!!

Jen said...

YEAH! congrats Molly! I love her little vocab too:) Ari is starting to babble...it is so fun!

emily said...

awww, she's growing up! talkin' and walkin'. you've got a real li'l lady on your hands now. enjoy!

Brooke said...

Enjoy walking next is climbing, like rock wall climbing!

Whitney said...

i can't believe she's walking!! That is so exciting!

Becky said...

That's so awesome! I remember the excitement when Colt started up.