Monday, May 10, 2010

No fun

I've had a really lame cold for about a week and a half. It started with a sore throat, then moved to runny nose and finally to an awful cough a few days ago. Yesterday my mom suggested if I didn't feel better by today, I should get it checked out.

So off I went to instacare today since I think I slept for 2 hours last night! I had a cough attack after I fed Alison at 3 am and could not get back to sleep. Well turns out my mom was right. I have bronchitis and the beginnings of pneumonia. The doctor thought I might already have pneumonia but he would prescribe the same antibiotics as bronchitis. So three medications later hopefully I'm on my way to recovery! I've been trying to be so cautious about washing my hands and keeping the girls healthy, although Molly's had the runny nose for a week too.

Onto good news. Today Alison is 4 months old! I take her in later this week for her appointment. I'm interested to see if she's made it up higher onto the charts! I think she will. In a couple of 3 month outfits she already seems to be too long for them. But I hope this time she'll be able to keep the oral immunization down! She has kind of a bad gag reflex I think!

7 comments:

emily said...

oh that is no fun! good thing for mothers, though, huh? :)

oral immunizations? is that routine at your doctor's office? crazy.

well take care of yourself! i hope you feel better real soon.

Karen said...

I have a stupid cold too. Mine just started out as a weird throat thing and now it's turning more into a bad cough and sinus. Ughh...I hate being sick.

Meg said...

no fun. I feel as though a sore throat/cough is coming on and I am trying hard not to get sick! Feel better soon.

Emily said...

I can't believe its bronchitis and almost pneumonia!! Holy cow!! I hope you feel better soon and that none of your girls get it!

Christine said...

Man, I am so sorry you are sick. Good thing you went to the doctor so you can get it cleared up! I can't believe Ali is 4 months old.

Niederfam said...

I was going to suggest you ask about the possibility of reflux........4 months. WOW. I've got to get Emery's 3rd month photo in here now, don't I.

Hope you are feeling MUCH MUCH better!

Brooke said...

No fun! Sorry your sick!