Monday, September 27, 2010

Birthday Shenanigans

Happy Birthday to me and google and my friend Kathryn!! And anyone else I missed! I have heard of two babies being born today too, so it's a good day!

We celebrated both mine and Molly's birthdays yesterday since Justin's parents were in town. Molly's birthday is October 7th, so it's a bit early, but hey, she didn't mind!

We are starting with the cake! Here it is.

(Please ignore the missing frosting spelling Molly's name. The kids were fascinated with the cake and oops! There went some of the frosting!)

Before you ask, no, I'm not that talented! This lovely lady, Amy, is the baker of the cake! She did an AMAZING job! Thank you so much Amy!




Isn't it to die for? I want my next hobby to be fondant cakes!

It was equally delicious! White cake with strawberry cream cheese filling. Yummy!!

The party members (Grandpa Galbraith, my parents and Justin's parents, my brother, my sisters and their families, Justin's brother and his family)

I found a pin the tail on the donkey game at the store the day before and thought the kids would love it. Yes, it was a big hit! It used stickers, such a genius idea! (Target for $1.27 in the party area)


Then on to the presents!

Molly was so good. After she opened a present, we had her give a hug to the giver of the gift. She was very obedient and we know that's tough when you are so little and there are MORE presents!

She also had a little help from the other cousins :)

The primary songbook cd. She was very excited.

She loved the skirt I made her...she was trying to put it on!


Don't worry, I got a turn too!


Justin got me a very cute vest! Thanks sweetie!

And back to the cake

She was so quick to blow out the candles after we sang! I had to have her do a re-do to get a picture!
She really liked the little crown on top of the cake.

Grandma and Grandpa Pendleton gave her a sleeping beauty costume and she had to wear that of course! She also got a magnetic princess dress up doll...and much, much more. She was VERY SPOILED. Thanks everyone for all of the gifts. You are way too generous!

Major giving a thumbs up after his cake and ice cream experience! I think he liked it!

Ali slept through most of the fun. We finally woke her up so she'd go to sleep that night!

With grandma and grandpa. I made sure I got one of them before they left but forgot to get one with my parents and Molly!

The fun continued for us today. Justin made me breakfast (yesterday too!) and I met up with my sister for lunch with our kids. We saw her new house and went to the park! My mom is picking up Cafe Rio for dinner and I plan on watching Castle with my mom. Justin probably won't be out of class until 8 or after so we will celebrate this weekend. This past weekend we went to dinner with my parents, so we've been plenty spoiled!

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes/texts/calls from everyone!! I appreciate it! (Phew, sorry that was long, but it is MY birthday! Ha ha!! ;)

8 comments:

erinmalia said...

happy birthday nicole!

Christine said...

Happy birthday do you! Who knew a primary cd could get Molly so happy. Looks like a great party you had with lots of family. So fun!

Jeff and Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love the cake! How did Molly get so old?

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! I was going to text you yesterday and then spaced it! Sorry!

emily said...

oh the celebrations looked perfect. :)

and that cake - i love it! i want it. now. :) it was my 1/2 birthday ya know. :)

your family is beautiful nicole.

Brett and Sydnie said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! I'm glad you guys had a fun party!

Kati said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like a fun party:) and the cake was so cute. I spaced it too sorry.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! LOVE the cake and all the fun pictures. I'm glad you had a fun party!