Thursday, June 20, 2013

4th of July Wreath

Inspired by this wreath above that my SIL Sunny made, my mom and I copied it and made our own!

Here is mine.

Isn't it fun? I looked on pinterest for some wreath ideas before I knew I was going to make this, and let me tell you, I was not very impressed. I didn't really like hardly any of them.

My mom and I found many videos of how to make a burlap wreath on youtube that we watched, so feel free to google it if you are interested. We had to watch a few to figure out really what they were doing. We had to kind of figure it out as we went and pulled the loops out, then re-did some, but finally got to where we liked what we saw.

The pinwheels are from Shopko, of all places. They are 60% off this week (last week they were 50% off). The rest of the supplies we used are as follows: I used a 16 in. wire wreath form (my mom used an 18 in. one but really it doesn't matter because you make the loops as big or small as you want),  a 10 yard spool of burlap ribbon from Michael's (Hobby Lobby also has some but the roll isn't as big), a 15 ft. spool of red burlap and the land of the free ribbon is from Hobby Lobby (can't remember how long that was...?), natural colored pipe cleaners cut in thirds (any craft store, we found at HL) and of course scrapbook paper for the pennant banner.

Looks pretty cute on my mom's red door! Mine will be hanging for now on the storage room door where I can see it downstairs. But one day it will be on my very own front door. The sun was pretty bright as I took these, so the colors are a bit duller here than they are in real life, but you get the idea. From start to finish it probably took us about 2 1/2 hours or so.

3 comments:

Emily said...

It turned out so cute!! You guys did a great job :)

Niederfam said...

I really do wish I was there for the project! They turned out SOOOOOOO cute. Well done. And you even have them done in "time" IMPRESSIVE.

Christine said...

Adorable. Isn't the internet awesome? You can find whatever you want in a second. How did we ever live without it?

We call Jake destructo too. Always in to everything!