Monday, June 17, 2013

thrifty finds

We ventured into our local Deseret Industries today after picking up Molly from preschool (Yes, you read right. She is finished on the 27th. Her teacher has more of a year-round approach). We didn't come home with much, but I was pretty excited about the few things we did find!

 First up. I saw this as we walked through the toy aisle. What is it? It's a Leap Pad case. Molly got one for Christmas, but I figured we didn't need to spend any extra money on a case. Amazon's price currently: $19.34. Our price: $1.

 The case pretty much looks brand new too. Just needs to be wiped down on the outside is all.

Here's where the actual leap pad goes. Molly was excited. I am too. Now I can have her put it where it goes!
Next up is little Rapunzel. This we found on our second time down the toy aisle. (If you don't know, it can be a good idea to go back to your favorite places because they are always putting out new stuff!) We used to have this very doll, but her arm was broken off and Justin threw her away. We have a few skirts for her still, so I was pleased we found her. She was priced $1, which I was happy to pay, but upon checking out, the teenaged boy said, "$1? That seems over priced, don't you think? How about 25 cents?" I said, "Sounds good to me!" I'm sure he didn't know that these are originally $8.05 on Amazon right now. (That's being sold with the 2 skirts, which I we already have)

Her hair needs to be brushed, but my girls don't care!

This isn't terribly exciting. But Molly has a couple of Lisa Frank folders that she loves. So she was excited when she saw this coloring book. We paid $1. Amazon $3.30.

Next up is the horse. I can't take the credit on this one. Ali actually found her and said, "Mom, can I have this pony?" At first, I thought she was kinda ugly.

But then I saw this. The tag. It's from Build A Bear!

Well how do you pass up an expensive toy that looks practically new and hardly used that your daughter wants? (ha ha!) She even had a cute princess shirt on.

Ok let's be honest. I knew we would get her for practically nothing when she originally cost a lot. I'm guilty. But, Molly has a build a bear bunny that a neighbor gave her and Ali has never had one. I keep wanting to get Ali one, but then I decide she has plenty of other animals to use and play with. Plus they are so expensive! I've even looked and found some in the classifieds, but I've never been able to justify the purchase.

Well we got to the register and she didn't have a price on her. The kid told me the stuffed animals are one dollar! Yes, we will take it! Build a Bear price: $22 for the horse and $7 for the princess shirt (not the exact same, but similar). Their price: $29. We paid: $1.

In the end our total was $3.25 versus $59.69 brand new! Do you love this game? Finding things second hand for cheap? What have you found lately?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yes I am very proud of you!!! Nicely done :) I'm pretty sure that the dollar store has those lisa frank coloring books....at least the stores out in Milwaukee do!! The leap frog case is awesome too, good finds!