Monday, April 21, 2008

Thoughts for the day

To be honest I'm a bit bored at the moment, so what better time for a post, right? Right now Justin and I are at Ryan and Becky's (my bro and SIL). They are gone for an overnighter and we are here watching Lexie. Lexie and Molly are both in bed (big sigh) and Justin is studying for finals. I didn't think about packing anything to entertain me...what was I thinking?!

This morning my mom and I were looking online for patterns to make a quiet book. After Google, we naturally checked out etsy.com. Check out this link to see some super cute quiet books. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5278149 This lady is very talented and doesn't just sell quiet books but activity mats, baby gifts, quilts, etc. My mom and I decided after looking at hers that we could kind of make up our own pattern. Who knows when we will get to it, but sometime this summer I would like to make one. My mom has one that she made for us when we were young and Molly loves it. I've been looking for an interactive one, so that's the goal.

Onto other things...for those who don't know, we have heard back from 5 law schools and we're waiting to hear from 2 more. We've heard that the two left (UNC and ASU) don't usually get back to their applicants until the end of April. Hopefully soon we'll have an idea of what our future holds :) Justin has graduation this Thursday and Friday and Elder Bednar is the commencement speaker, so I bet it'll be great!

Since our trip to Georgia, we're now kind of thinking that maybe our trip to Hawaii next month might be a little less stressful without Molly. My very kind sister Natalie has offered to watch Molly for us as long as she is weaned! It's actually a really hard decision for me. After our flight home from Atlanta we really re-thought bringing her! If we all barely survived a 3 1/2 hour flight, how can we survive 6-7 there and back?! So we've kind of decided that I'll try to wean her by then and if it works, we'll leave her; if not, we'll take her.

That's about all I've got. Hopefully you didn't get bored from reading!

6 comments:

erinmalia said...

i'll totally have to check out those quiet books. they've been something i've wanted to make for my nephews (and now niece) for a long time. thanks!

Christine said...

good luck with the weaning!

Karen said...

I'm starting to get anxious to hear where you are going for law school! I'm excited to find out! And I second Christine...good luck with weaning! Aren't you a little sad to be done so early?

Niederfam said...

I can't wait to have her, if it works out, if not, don't stress, she's bound to sleep sometime on the flight!!! And we worry about it alot more than the other passengers do. :)

emily said...

awww, super cute quiet books! if my sis doesn't make me some, maybe i'll have to throw something together. sooooo cute.

good luck with the weaning!!! i'm a little jealous.

Becky said...

Good luck with schools; I'm excited to hear where you choose to go. I'm sure the situation with Molly and Hawaii will work out in a way you feel best.