Thursday, April 10, 2008

We've arrived

We made it to Georgia...barely! Here's how the fun and excitement all started:

-We got to the airport an hour before takeoff and Justin had an expired driver's license. He had to drive back to Sandy to get his passport. He BARELY made it! We totally thought they missed it. They were seriously just about to close the door. Oh and Justin had the backpack with ALL of Molly's stuff to keep her happy and entertained on the plane.
-The Cougarettes and a big group of missionaries were on our plane! I think the Cougarettes were going to Nationals. The missionaries were going to Virginia I think and probably some other places as well. What torture for the missionaries, right?! I got to take pics with like 5 cameras with all of the Cougarettes and then the missionaries in the back! Too funny.
-We get to the baggage claim (like 30 minutes after walking through the whole airport!) and we realize that we left Molly's WHOLE BAG at home!!!
-We get the rental car and my inlaws left their GPS in their middle console in their car which they left in Sandy at my parent's house.
-LUCKILY Justin's brother and his wife were on a later flight to Georgia and they offered to go pick up the GPS and they also picked up Molly's bag! Hallelujah! We were thinking she was going to get a whole new wardrobe (but rather her than any of us, right?!).

Fun, huh?! Needless to say at about 6:00 pm Atlanta time (4 pm Utah time) I felt like it was like 10 pm! For the record, Molly really did a great job on the plane. She got a little fussy here and there, but what baby doesn't when they are bored/tired? She did a great job. The flight was 3 hours and 15 minutes. I'm not quite sure how well she'll do going to Hawaii (I think it's like a 7 hour flight or something) but at least I have some experience now!

The weather feels great. I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt, jeans and no jacket! It's about 70 degrees...so nice!!

5 comments:

Christine said...

How perfect! It was 86 degrees here today with 85% humidity and it was a little too hot for me. I was going to take Claire to the park, but she was sweating!

Niederfam said...

it's about 55 and sunny, so i'm feeling lucky about that one today! glad you are enjoying it.......:)

Becky said...

Crazy!! It takes practice to travel with kids. We had a chaotic experience getting to California, too.

galbraithfam said...

How fun! Jealous of the weather, but hey, you'll be back in town for the good weather here too! Good luck seems to follow you guys! And just so you know we missed our Sunday buddies this weekend. But I'm sure you were having fun!

Janessa Whatcott said...

What a stressful time!! I am glad that everything turned out!!