Saturday, May 31, 2008

For my memory

Note: I just wanted to write down somewhere a few things that Molly is doing right now since I don't have them recorded anywhere yet (I wish I was a little better with my journal). It's a bit long.

Here goes--Molly for the past month or so has turned into a screamer. We aren't quite sure why. Does this mean that she just likes to hear her voice? Is she going to be a singer or a jabberbox when she's older? Or is she really that bored all the time?!!

Also, she loves to hold and snuggle with her stuffed animals. I didn't know that not every baby does this until somewhat recently. She has a stuffed animal of Tigger and we give it to her every night when she goes to bed or when she takes a nap. Without fail, once she's asleep, it's right on top of her face.

Another thing she has always loved to do is touch and hold things. It can be anything, but she loves to feel everything. That's one reason I made the little taggie blanket because she loves to feel anything, especially if it soft. Again, I'm not sure if all babies do this, but she has to feel everything. If you are wearing a zipper, she wants to touch. If you have a necklace on, she wants to touch (I know this one is common, along with earrings).

She seems to always have to be where the party is or find out who's talking or what's going on. She has always been such an alert baby. When she was brand new if her eyes were open, they were all the way open.

A couple nights ago she wouldn't eat and she had a fever just under 102 and so we're thinking that she might be getting some teeth. We still haven't seen or felt any signs, but we can't really figure out what else that might be. She still hasn't sat up by herself, but hopefully soon! And no crawling either.

And lastly, she's at the stage where she always wants to be held. Who knows, maybe we've spoiled her (well I know she's spoiled in many ways, but I'm specifically referring to holding her) but I think that kind of comes from being the first grandchild on the Pendleton side and we happen to live with my parents, so we often see my parents who love to hold her as well. I guess maybe we should be kicking ourselves for this one!

1 comment:

Niederfam said...

NA.....she's just fine and she's the sweetest little thing...I like all the observations and she will too someday, use the blog as your journal it works for me, OR, I have little journals for the boys where I TRY and record stuff on fast sunday, it seems to work pretty well, when I REMEMBER!!! Thanks for the update!