Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Host


I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in on Stephenie Meyer's new book, The Host. First off, I absolutely loved the first three books in the Twilight Series (and I'm so excited for the last book to come out in a few months!). This new book had pretty high expectations to meet if you ask me!

I liked the book, but I didn't love it. I could definitely set it down and come back later. I probably read it as quickly as I did because I was trying to finish to give it to someone else to read. This isn't to say that it wasn't good, because I think it was good, but it was just a little too far out, sci-fi, for me. It was also a bit long I thought.

However, Stephenie Meyer is an incredible writer and very talented and I'm sure there are many people out there who would disagree with me!

5 comments:

Christine said...

yeah, I don't think I am going to read that one

Karen said...

I actually really liked it a lot! I liked Twilight better, but this one was pretty close. I was still drawn in by the characters and loved the story line! Funny how we all react differently to books!

Meg said...

Ummm..cannot get into this book! Needless to say, I have started it and stopped it like three times and have no motivation to finish it. Maybe I am not a sci-fi kinda gal. Kinda a waste of my moolah! Oh well.

Janessa Whatcott said...

Thanks for the heads up! With kids you have to make every reading/alone moment count!! YOur Hawaii pictures look so fun!

Becky said...

I'm with Karen! Awesome book. It has more mature themes than Twilight -- "what does it mean to be human" and "right vs. wrong". I'm glad you still liked it, even though it's not a fav.