Thursday, August 7, 2008

Down to 2 and STILL waiting

So we're down to two law schools. We heard from the University of Arizona today and they said that they have a full class, 150 students. My favorite line of the letter was, "I recognize that being on the Waiting List is an unpleasant experience, and I appreciate your patience." Huh. Yeah right! I highly doubt (in this case, the asst. dean of admissions) has any idea what it's really like waiting around for three months for a little yes or no!

Recently I've been looking for housing where Justin is still waiting for an answer just in case we have a last minute yes from anyone. Even though my efforts may be frustrated here (and we may get to enjoy the fun of the admissions process yet another year) I guess it has given me something to do. I have found a great apartment complex in NC and I've contacted a student at William and Mary if we should have an opportunity there. But if not, at least we were prepared.

I really wish we could hear a final yes or no from the other two schools by the end of the week. So pray for that! A quick answer, whatever it may be. I hope you can sense here that I'm really not bitter, but like the apt asst. dean of admissions has said, it isn't a pleasant experience.

On a happier note, I finished Breaking Dawn today. Great plot for the last book and a good ending to a fun and entertaining saga of books that I'm sure I will read again. Thanks to Stephenie Meyer for peaking my interest in vampires ;) Oh and Molly is crawling and getting quite quick! We are going to have to be even more watchful and protective of her! She's still not faster than me, but it's probably only a matter of time. That's all for now.

7 comments:

Christine said...

I am on the waiting list at my library in Cville and I cannot wait. Good to hear that it is a good one.

We pray every night for you!

Meg said...

Can I borrow your book??

Nanette said...

Good luck! That must be SO frustrating! Hopefully you hear back really soon!!

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Hang in there..it's the worst being in a "maybe" spot.

galbraithfam said...

Agh! I will pray for you guys. I so hope you get in! Good luck! And thanks for thecake. I NEED that recipe!

Becky said...

I'm sorry you have to wait and wait; that's tough! Good luck. I finished the book Thursday, too. :)