Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Wait is OVER!

The last two law schools we were waiting on have both contacted us and both have a full class, so unfortunately Justin won't be attending law school this fall. Of course it's a disappointment but life happens and as we all know, things don't always go your way.

On the upside, here are a few reasons that we're happy:
-no packing!
-no moving!
-no long car rides or plane rides to unknown territory
-no unpacking!
-no debt
-no having to figure out last minute housing, loans, buying books and figuring out a new schedule, campus, town and state
-our family is here
-we have lots of friends here
...and the list could go on and on.

Justin plans on retaking the LSAT either in October (if he feels ready) or in December and then applying again. This no doubt has been a learning experience for both of us and I really admire Justin for all of his hard work. This hasn't been something easy for him (the whole waiting for an answer), but he has handled it so well and I have no doubt that he will be a great law student. He has so much potential and he's such a hard worker and any law school would be lucky to have him. We know that things happen for a reason, so here's to next year!

12 comments:

Meg said...

Sadly, it is true....I am SO HAPPY that you aren't going to leave me yet! I don't know what I would do without you in BC. You can't leave us yet....we NEED you :0)
P.S. Do you wanna go to lunch sometime while I am off track??

erinmalia said...

well i'm sorry that it didn't turn out as hoped, but am impressed by your super attitude.

Christine said...

way to stay positive!

Karen said...

I agree with Meg! :0 I'm sad for you guys, but I'm selfish and wanted you to stay at least a year longer!!!! Now you just get a year of more preparation!

emily said...

argh, that is tough. but something (that darn "something" also pops into our lives too) will work out.

Megan said...

How frustrating! I know the feeling!! Things will be better the second time around. I'm glad you're here another year....we'd miss you. Plus you and I can play the waiting game together for the next year! :)

Tyler and Emily said...

How frustrating! But it is so nice that the wait is over. And that list of things is a great way to think about all the positives!

Niederfam said...

VERY true, and you know I'm REALLY glad the three of you will be around for another year. It will make sense someday and I agree, Justin is a great catch and when the time comes will be a fabulous student and asset to any school! And YES, props to you for your WONDERFUL attitude about it all!!!!

Lori Wyatt said...

I'm glad you get to stay another year! I am sorry though that your husband didn't get in, but he will when its time!

Jen said...

i know the uncertainty was killing you guys! Are you going to stay living where you are? We'll have to get together again since we're both here another year:) This time with Ang and Laura!

Becky said...

What a good post and positive way to sum it up! Good luck on the next go around, Justin.

Allie said...

Hi Nicole and Justin! I'm sure this is bitter sweet, but enjoy the time with your family! You guys are so great together and no doubt this is a blessing in disguise. If you ask Hyrum about law school I'm sure he'll tell you it's the pits :) What a learning experience! We srue do miss you guys and hope this year is great for you two! Love ya, Hyrum and Allie Zeyer