Monday, August 4, 2008

Watkins Family Reunion

We had our Watkins reunion this past weekend and as usual celebrated my grandpa's birthday. There is quite the posterity on this side, over 170 descendants I believe! We had dinner first, followed by dessert and birthday cake.
the lighting of the candles
Can you guess how many candles/years my grandpa is?! Sheesh! You can't even tell it's a cake! He turned 92 this year!

After dinner there is always a parade and program. My grandma loved parades with the kids walking around and Emily claims she participated until she was 18! Ha ha. She probably did. I remember as a teenager being so annoyed we had to be in the parade since it was basically for the little kids. But still to this day we have a parade in honor of my grandma. We asked my grandpa after the parade was over if grandma was glad we had the parade. He said yes, she was glad we had a parade :)

Some of the parade goers: My cousin's daughter Emily, then princess Clara, her mom Wendy and Eliza.

Major was loving the parade and Mitt was trying to keep Maj in check!

Next was the program. We first talked to my grandpa and asked him some questions about his life. Then we had a performance. Here in the picture are Mckenna and Danielle doing Irish dancing. They were AMAZING! They have been dancing for a year and a half or two years I think and just went to a competition where they earned several first and second place medals! It was so fun to see them perform. I thought their hair was real until I saw them taking it off as a wig!

My cousin Wendy and her baby Eliza with Molly and my dad. Molly loved Eliza! We had a fun time and it's always so nice of my aunt Laurel and uncle Mark to have the reunion at their beautiful home where we can all fit and have fun!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I just love that there are enough people to have a parade! Molly's hair looks very volumnious in that last picture!

Nanette said...

sounds like quite the party!