Saturday, August 30, 2008

Swiss Days Adventure!

I made it to Swiss Days, although I ended up going by myself! Natalie was going to meet me there, but she ended up in Evanston :( oops! We guessed the wrong loop on the freeway, but she said Mitt had forgotten his shoes anyway. I still feel bad about their pointless car drive!

Well, my parents drove up with me in their car because they were going to stay the night in Park City for their Anniversary and were going to do a couple of things in Midway anyway. By the way, Happy Anniversary mom and dad!

So what ended up happening was my dad dropped me off and took Molly, so I just roamed the booths alone, which was totally fine with me. It would have been difficult to get a stroller in to see some of the booths, so it ended up working out. There were a lot of really cute things, but I decided I could either *make them myself (and when I say make it doesn't really mean I would but just that I could possibly figure it out without paying their price) or I couldn't justify paying their price! I did end up purchasing one thing. Here's a pciture:

It's a small message board, 16x16 and it's dry erasable and magnetic. Now the frame I bought is ivory, but it has a brown and green background. They say it will be finished in up to 4 weeks and I will pick it up in Murray. I'm pretty excited about it. I don't know where I will hang it, but I figured with my bday coming up, I would buy myself an early bday present! They were on sale at Swiss Days and their website is alaboard.com if you'd like to check out their stuff. Anyway, they have calendar boards and some kids ones that are cute too. They had ribbon tied on their boards with like halloween decorations and stuff and they looked pretty cute. Plus Justin hates all the stuff we put on our fridge, so we can move announcements and that stuff to the board or put up pics, whatever.

8 comments:

erinmalia said...

that board is really cute.

did you see my parents?! i think they were running a kielbasa stand or something.

Christine said...

Fun! I love swiss days.

emily said...

totally cute! and, yes, my folks were there. they had a great time. i've never been, but hopefully someday. . .

pinkmorning said...

i almost bought a calendar board from that booth but decided against it but they had the cutest stuff!

Nicole said...

No, I didn't see your parents! I wish I would've known they were running a stand. I would definitely have said hello.

Karen said...

So my sister's friends made those boards! I was going to buy one there but there were too many people! I'm buying the HUGE calendar board from her still! :) I just have to make Natalie call her up and tell her I want one! They are super cute though huh?! Sorry you went alone...although that's not a bad place to be alone!

Niederfam said...

I LOVE the board and am glad you got one!!! I'm REALLY sorry we didn't make it too, though!!! MAYBE next year????? :)

Meg said...

How fun! I think it looks darling