Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hooray!

Just talked to the doctor and Alison can come home today! Yay! She will come home on oxygen, but hopefully she will only need it for a few days at most (and she's not on very much). We have been going in for weight checks anyway, so the doctor will just check to see if she can go off the oxygen. They said she gained 140 grams too! That is 4 ounces! Wahoo! A lot of RSV babies have a hard time eating, but luckily Alison has still been eating pretty well while we've been here. We were moved again last night into the super tiny room we came from (this was our third move), so I am so glad we get to leave this place!

And Happy Birthday to my dad! We told Molly this morning that it was papa's birthday and that she should tell him Happy Birthday when she saw him. We went upstairs and he was at the kitchen table and she yells "Happy Birthday to you (hudu) Papa" as loud as she could! She was so excited; it was so cute. My dad loved it.

My dad is so great. He always makes time for Molly and she adores him. She asks for him all through the week (he works in Denver) and is so excited when he is home. My dad would do anything for his family and has always made sure that we are happy and have not only our needs but our wants as well. He is the most selfless person I know as well as the hardest worker. He has Justin drive him to the airport every week so that Justin can use his car while he's in Denver and I can use our car. He listens for Molly when she's sleeping so we can go on dates and run errands. These are just a few examples of the many things he does for us. I love you dad!

7 comments:

erinmalia said...

that's great news about alison. glad to hear it.

and happy birthday bruce!

emily said...

hooray for alison coming home and for having such a great dad. :) what a great day!

Anonymous said...

such good news! We're happy to hear that. And happy birthday to Bruce!

Wendy said...

I'm so happy for you!!! We've been so worried about little Alison and have been praying for her every day that she'll be okay. We were at Primary Children's last night with Eliza and I kept my eye out for you but obviously it's a big place an didn't see you :). You'll have to check out our blog when you get a minute to see the whole story of our crazy day yesterday.

Stacie said...

What a relief! I hope she continues to get better...we need to see some more pictures of that little nugget!

Niederfam said...

funny, he sounds just like my dad!!!! ha ha!! ;)

and YAY, YAY, and YAY that Ali is HOME!!!!!

Laura said...

Yeah! Your dad is awesome. Tell him Happy Birthday. I hope Allison keeps improving. She is so cute. I want to see her...