Monday, March 1, 2010

Oxygen girl

I didn't bring my camera to the hospital because it was one more heavy thing, but I took these today so I can show Alison one day!

Those are stickers holding the cannula on. When they need to be replaced, sometimes it's easier to leave the old ones on and just add a new one so you don't have to rip off the old one! I'm sure it will hurt to have them pulled off :( although of course we will get them wet first.

Look at her cute little smile! I don't know what she was smiling at. She was looking at the portacrib! She is 7 weeks now, but we only see fluke smiles I think for now. She doesn't smile yet when you look at her. But we hope soon she will!

This is her lovely oxygen tank. I'm sure most people know what it looks like. I had to change from the travel sized one to this one today. I was kind of worried about doing it in case I somehow didn't have it on, but it wasn't as bad as I thought and I had my mom watch me do it! We have one more tank like this to last us until the doctor appointment. I was scheduled for Friday but I moved it to Thursday morning so hopefully that will be one less day we're dragging oxygen around!

She has done really well on it. She never grabs at it. It's nice that she's so young that we don't have that problem. She seems to be doing much better. She is still coughing and they say that can last for another two weeks, but we have tried to suction her nose with the bulb syringe and haven't gotten anything up. So either that means it's down lower than we can reach or she's not really congested, just has a cough still. She is still a very happy, content baby even being sick!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Man, so sorry you have to deal with the tank at home, but at least she is home right? AND at least she is happy

Karen said...

I'm so glad she is doing better and that she is happy. Brooke is sick and she's the ornery-ist I've ever seen her. It hasn't been the best 2 nights with Bryce working. :(

Wendy said...

Ohhhhhh, she is SO CUTE!!!! She's already changed a lot since your previous posts. I hope you don't have to do the oxygen thing for very long--that doesn't seem too fun. Hopefully someday SOON we'll all be done with sick kids!

emily said...

oh she is still so adorable - tubes and all. :) i hope she just continues to get better and better!

Melissa said...

I am so glad she got to come home! She is such a little doll. I am glad she is also gaining weight. Yipee. Lets move into spring!!

Niederfam said...

someday it will just be a memory and you'll be glad to have the pictures!!! she is so cute!!! bring on the spring already and no more sick little ones!!!!

Anonymous said...

so cute! I love that she is so happy still... we can't wait to meet her someday! That cannula sure brings back memories...