Friday, May 18, 2012

bad timing

A couple days ago I pulled a muscle in my back as I put Ali in her carseat. I also picked up the cold that Justin and the girls had after like 2 1/2 weeks. The next morning I was cleaning up in the kitchen and my whole back was in a ton of pain. I pulled out the heating pad, took some tylenol and called the nurse. She told me to try to lay down all day and see if I could get friends or family to watch my kids. Luckily Justin was able to take the day off and my mom helped out as well. Today my back feels better, but I can still feel pain where I pulled the muscle. My mom is helping out for half the day today, then Justin will take over. Molly's last day of preschool is today, so that's nice.

I read of a few women in the same predicament and they said it took about 3 days for their backs to heal. We have no plans for tomorrow so hopefully I can stay low again and maybe even Sunday. I hope I can get it feeling better before this baby comes so labor isn't any more painful than necessary! I still haven't had any contractions and I'm scheduled to go see the dr. on Monday.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sorry about your back! That is bad timing. Hopefully it feels better before the baby.