Tuesday, June 8, 2010

new for me

We are adjusting to nice weather here! Finally!! It actually feels like summer, now that it officially is :)

My fun news is that I am taking an online photography class this month! I started yesterday and so far I really like it, although I have MUCH TO LEARN!! I am taking classes from Nicole Hill Gerulat. You can read about the classes she offers here: http://nicolesclasses.blogspot.com/
To see her "regular" blog, go here: http://nicolehill.blogspot.com/

There are 4 weeks of class and you learn to shoot in manual mode. Since getting my new camera last year, I decided that it was kind of pointless having one if I didn't know how to use it! So this was my mother's day/anniversary gift.

In class you have lessons and at the end of the week you submit pictures as homework and then the instructors critique them for you. Once a week they also have all of the students get online and you can ask the instructors questions. I plan on posting my "homework" on my blog. I have lots of room for improvement!!

I also got some fitness dvds while I was pregnant (to be used after pregnancy)that I've been doing for a couple of months now that I like. They are called Mom's Into Fitness, Post Natal Boot Camp by Lindsay Brin. She has several different dvds and I got mine on sale from babysteals.com one day. She also does a prenatal series that you can do while pregnant. I like that she mixes it up and has you do the video every other day. She also knows that you have a baby, so it can be pretty quick if you want it to be.

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

i can't wait to see what pictures you take with the new class. good luck!

emily said...

ditto on what my sis said. :)

Stacie said...

Nice. I grew up with Nicole, and she is one stellar photographer.